Monday, March 1, 2010

3 Shouts for Puppy, Sewing, and Scrapbooking

Headline news in the Rodriguez home:

1) We adopted a chihuahua named Maximus. He is gold with a brown stripe down his back and a black tail that looks as though it was dipped in ink. That now totals a whopping two chihuahuas for us. There has been some major growling and nipping but everyone is adjusting fairly well.

2) I have decided that I would like a sewing machine. Think of all the things to be created! Dresses, purses, aprons, pillows, bedskirts, pillow cases to name a few. My plan to pay for a sewing machine is to sell as many clothes as possible to those vintage second-hand shops. By the time I make enough money, I will need to sew a whole new wardrobe! Perfect plan.

3) Scrapbooking is my current crafty hobby in absence of the coveted Viking. I used to make fun of scrappers and could not fathom how cutting and pasting pictures on polka-dot paper brought so much excitement. I suppose this is the one thing that has crept up and peaked an interest as a result of marriage. There are so many memories that need to be glued down with flowers, ribbons, pictures and cute little sayings of how wonderful everything is. Who ever thought the scrapbook paper aisle would elevate my heart rate and give me those little butterflies of possibility? Thank goodness for hobbies, for the world would be mad place without them (moreso than it is now).

P.S. Pictures to follow. One of our beloved pups ate the camera USB cord.

3 comments:

  1. Abbey I love it! I can't believe you guys got another dog btw..I love how there is something either unique or wrong with them... Adopted, what's that mean?
    Scrapbooking is an expensive hobby Ab-face... If you have a strict budget, don't start with this hobby..
    Sewing Machine.. I got one, and used that thing a ton, until I finally finished my first project... and haven't picked it up since.. Word to the wise, start with small projects that don't frustrate you enough to never want to sew again!
    I am coming in April, fyi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can send you a cord... we have extras. Really can't wait to see your new baby Max. And, I personally think the first thing you sew once you get your sewing machine should be an itsy bitsy bakini! Sound familiar! Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adopted means no mone involved Erin. And I am making scrapbooking work on a budget! Coupons coupons coupons! I have a jar labeled" Sweing Jar Fund" and at the rate of cash flow we have going, it will probably be like 2 years before I get it, ha.

    Holly, that would be awesome if you could send us one since they are like 25 bucks! You are going to love Max! Haha, mom mentioned my bikini when I told her I wanted to get a sewing machine and I seriously want to make a swimming suit! I was scoping out the material already..it is time to redeem myself.

    ReplyDelete